Stress Control Classes -11th May
Stress Control online
Stress is a normal reaction to the rapidly changing and uncertain times we are all living in at the moment. If you are feeling a bit more stressed than usual and would like to learn some great ways, free-of-charge, to deal with common problems like anxiety, depression, panicky feelings, poor sleep and poor wellbeing then come along to our classes.
‘Stress Control’ is a six-session cognitive-behavioural therapy class used extensively in community-settings by the NHS (UK) and HSE (Ireland) and across the world. You can find out more here:
As you can’t come to a regular Stress Control class due to the current circumstances, Stress Control will come to you by live streaming two sessions a week on YouTube. Each session will repeat four times starting on Monday 11th May - for dates and times please see the dates timetable on the website. The sessions will be led by Dr Jim White, consultant clinical psychologist, who created the class and who has taught most of the NHS (UK) and HSE (Ireland) trainers who would normally be running classes in their communities. Stress Control on-line already ran over 3 weeks in April and an average audience of 6,000 attended each session. Stress is a very common problem.
To take part:
1) Go to www.stresscontrol.org where you can learn more about the class and get the dates. Everything you need to successfully complete the class – the booklets, self-assessment, relaxation and mindfulness tracks - can be found in the ‘Free zone’ (scroll down on the home page to find). If you can, please read, and start working on, the ‘Preparing for the course’ booklets before Session 1. These can be found in the ‘Booklets’ section of the ‘Free zone’
2) Click on the ‘Stress Control 2020’ link on the homepage to access our YouTube channel where the classes will be available to view at the scheduled times. If you click the ‘Subscribe’ button on our YouTube page (free), you will receive notifications when a new session is available. To watch our trailer, please follow this link:
3) You do not need to register or login – please just follow the above link.
4) The session will begin exactly on time, so make sure you are there from the start. Sessions run for about 90 minutes and there will be a 10-minute break in the middle. Due to copyright restrictions, sessions will only live stream so they will not remain on YouTube.
5) Each session is one piece of the jigsaw in tackling your stress. By coming to each class, the jigsaw will form, the big picture can emerge, and you will learn how to handle your stress better. This is cognitive-behavioural therapy so it is crucial you practice the skills you will learn between sessions.
Life is very hard for us just now and there are no easy solutions or magic cures, but, with hard work and determination, we can boost our resilience to cope with these difficult times and come out the other end stronger. Please pass this on to anyone who you think might benefit from the class.
Stress Control Ltd.
Testimonials from people who completed Stress Control on-line;
‘I was diagnosed with PTSD over 5 years ago and with all that is happening in the world, I am once again feeling panicky, anxious and lack of sleep is not helping. A good friend sent me a link for stress control. I realised I was in the vicious circle, with hard work and going for a daily walk I am now leaning towards the positive circle. Everything is explained so simply by Jim, like the grasshopper and coping skills. My dream is to get a good night’s sleep. I would highly recommend stress control for your own wellbeing even if you don't suffer from stress and anxiety because knowledge is power. Once again thank you Jim and your lovely voice.’ Dee, Health Care Worker
‘It has been a lifesaver for me these last few weeks. I find the ritual of doing the bi-weekly classes really helpful and the daily relaxation exercises ease my anxiety and uncertainty' Dáithí, a University exam student from Cork ’
“Congratulations on bringing this wonderful course to the Irish public at a time of many stresses, especially for us being cocooned. Having no children to help me use my laptop, I can't believe I have found my way around this course. Thank you as I have suffered from stress for most of my adult life’. Deirdre, 74 yr old, Dublin
‘The techniques for stress control are taught in a very practical way, using everyday examples. It suited me that the emphasis within the classes is on how de stressing is a process and not just a quick fix or a magic wand. The course outlines the various building blocks necessary to help combat any form of stress in our lives. As the videos progress, we are informed of new skills in a step by step approach, which does not overwhelm’ Catherine, Cork